Tuesday, June 1, 2010

On My Way

**Disclaimer** The views and opinions are not those of the Peace Corps and are solely that of the author.** =P

Today is my last day stateside and I do not know when my next opportunity for internet will be. I am the whole spectrum of emotion right now...anxious, excited, overwhelmed, excited, sad, happy, excited...you get the idea.

My bags are packed and I probably packed more than needed...but I will probably also get to Ghana and realize something I forgot that really did need. That is life. My luggage, bike helmet, and I fly out at O'dark 30 this morning, June 1 , and will have a brief visit into the Philly area before heading out to Ghana on June 3rd. (I hope at some point I get to see an elephant...or hippo)

I still do not know the full extent of my duties in Ghana...but I think that adds to the adventure of it. I am off to do something new, make new friends, see new things....and hopefully do detrimental damage to the mosquito population.

Love and Miss you all.

Catherine

1 comment:

  1. "... do detrimental damage to the mosquito population." Really? You do know they breed faster than neutrons in a reactor right? ("Breed" ... "breeder reactor" ... get it?) Well, hopefully you'll get over your malaria very quickly! :-) I'll be watching here, FB & MS as much as possible for notes on your adventures. Stay excited about everything!

    ReplyDelete